US CUSTOMARY – METRIC
- Prepare the beef: In a large bowl toss the flank steak strips with the cornstarch together and let them sit for 5 minutes. This will ensure the cornstarch penetrates the beef.
- Make the sauce: In a medium size bowl add the rice vinegar, soy sauce, water, garlic, ginger, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and whisk well. Set aside.
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. (See your manufacturer’s guide for detailed instructions on how to use your instant pot.)
- Sear the beef:Add half of the sesame oil to the pot. When the oil is hot add half of the flank steak and cook 2 to 3 minutes until it starts to brown. Remove from the pot and repeat with remaining sesame oil and beef. Return all the beef to the pot and press the cancel button on your Instant Pot.
- Pour the sauce over the beef and stir well.
- Cook:Close the lid (follow the manufacturer’s guide for instructions on how to close the instant pot lid). Set the Instant Pot to the Manual (high pressure) setting and set the timer to 10 minutes.
- When cooking is complete, use a quick release to depressurize.
- Stir in the green onions and garnish with sesame seeds. Serve over rice.
Courtesty of: https://www.jocooks.com/recipes/instant-pot-mongolian-beef/
Thank you recipecritic.com for this one
- ½ cup butter
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream 2 cups
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
In a medium saucepan add butter, heavy whipping cream, and cream cheese. Cook over medium heat and whisk until melted.
Add the minced garlic, garlic powder, italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Continue to whisk until smooth. Add the grated parmesan cheese.
Bring to a simmer and continue to cook for about 3-5 minutes or until it starts to thicken. Toss it with your pasta or zoodles
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 1 lemongrass stalk shredded
- 1 piece (1 inch/25 cm) fresh ginger peeled and sliced
- 2 green onions thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon liquid honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
In food processor or using immersion blender, purée lemongrass, ginger, green onions, garlic, honey, lime juice, fish sauce, soy sauce, oil, pepper and 3 tbsp water. In bowl, pour lemongrass mixture over chicken; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. (Make-ahead: Refrigerate for up to 24 hours.)
This is a great spicy recipe. You will need to adjust the curry to your liking. Original recipe was 2 tablespoons and it was found to be exceedingly spicy hot. Courtesy of https://www.averiecooks.com
It makes between 6-8 servings at
6 weight watchers points per serving (206 calories per serving)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 pound ground chicken (I’ve also used ground turkey with good results)
- 1 medium/large sweet Vidalia or yellow onion, diced small
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Asian chili garlic sauce, or to taste (sriracha may be substituted)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced or pressed
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger or 2 teaspoons freshly grated ginger, or to taste
- one 8-ounce can water chestnut, drained and diced small
- 2 to 3 green onions, sliced into thin rounds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- butter lettuce leaves, for serving
- To a large skillet, add the oils, chicken, and cook over medium-high heat until chicken is cooked through; stir intermittently to crumbly while cooking.
- Add the onion, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, chili garlic sauce, stir to combine, and cook for about 5 minutes, or until onion is soft and translucent and most of the liquid has been absorbed; stir intermittently.
- Add the garlic, ginger, stir to combine, and cook for about 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the water chestnuts, green onions, salt and pepper to taste, and cook for about 2 minutes, or until tender. Taste filling and make any necessary flavor adjustments, i.e. more soy sauce, hoisin, pepper, etc.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the mixture into the lettuce leaves to serve. Recipe is best warm and fresh but filling will keep airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days
This one to Bev Romane from my Credit Union days.
You will need a number of 1 quart jars, lids and rings.
- 3 large cloves of garlic per jar.
- 1 large head of dill (the size of the palm of your hand) per jar
Put the above items in each jar then pack each jar loosely with pickling cukes
Add the following to each jar
- 1/2 cup pickling vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of pickling salt
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
Fill each jar with water leaving 1/4 inch at top of the jar. Put on lids.
Put jars in canner. Fill canner with luke warm water to cover jars.
Put on high heat until water in the canner just comes to a boil.
Once water boils remove jars, tighten lids & shake to ensure salt & sugar are dissolved.
Leave 6 weeks then enjoy.
Made with fresh Okanagan Peaches
I show my appreciation to my love slave by preparing desserts for him made from his favourite fruit, PEACHES!!! And it just so happened that with our hot hot summer, peach season is about a month early. So I needed to dust off my recipe folder and find my Aunt Peg ‘s Peach Cobbler recipe. Enjoy!
- 1 & 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon or nutmeg
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 cups sliced peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions for Peach Filling
- Combine cornstarch, cinnamon/nutmeg, brown sugar and water in saucepan
- Cook and stir until thickened
- Add peaches, lemon juice and butter
- Cook until peaches are hot (about 5 minutes)
- 1 cup sifted all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
Directions for Topping
- Sift together all purpose flour, sugar, baking powder and salt
- Cut butter into mixture until it resembles coarse crumbs
- Combine mile and beaten egg in a bowl
- Add to dry mixture, stir until just moistened
Putting It All Together
- Pour peach filling into 8 & 1/4 x 1 & 3/4 inch round baking dish.
- Immediately spoon on biscuit topping in 6 mounds.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20 -25 minutes. (topping should be golden brown)